TL;DR – This is the end of the year, so let’s take a look back at the year that was by examining twenty categories across cinema, ranging from exquisite to the obscured, and all between
It is the end of the year (well a bit later than that but life happened) and while I will have the traditional Best of 2017 and Worst of 2017 lists, I have found that both of those lists miss some of the important facets that make films work, or not work. To eligible for these awards, they simply had to be a film I reviewed in 2017, and there may be some notable absences simply because we have not got those films here yet. So in Part 1 of 4, we look at five different categories that deal with the cinema of 2017.
- The actions sequences that entertained
- The films in 2017 that decided that just ok, was good enough for them
- The films that exploded off the screen with beautiful cinematography
- Those sneaky cameos they snuck in
- The fantastic characters in cinema that are not just one person’s performance, a team came together to make it work
So let’s dive into TL;DR Movie Review’s Awards of 2017 Part 1